Updated February 11, 2021
What's included (and not) in your website package:
Lithoco will provide the following services as part of your monthly or annual payment:
- One domain name (www.example.com)
- Valued at $15 per year, or $40 per year with Privacy Protection
- We will register a new domain name of your choice or transfer an existing domain name that you own to your Lithoco account.
- If your domain name supports it, we will provide WhoIs Privacy protection for your domain name.
- Domain name is complimentary. You can register your own domain name with a different service but there is no reduction in rate.
- Custom email setup with your domain name ([email protected])
- We do not host or support your email. However, we can assist with establishing an account with a third-party provider such as Gsuite. We can make recommendations based on your needs and budget.
- Valued at $14.99 per month
- We provide a base level of optimized cloud hosting that is suitable for websites that receive roughly 5,000 monthly visits. This is only an estimate and will vary from site to site. We have found this to be suitable for most small businesses and non-profit organizations.
- If your site has large, sudden traffic spikes, your site may temporarily crash. This is true for any web host. If you expect a temporary spike in traffic, let us know ahead of time and we will prepare your website accordingly to avoid downtime. The first upgrade is free. If your site needs more bandwidth, additional fees may apply.
- Ongoing high volumes of traffic or heavy site use may result in additional hosting charges, starting at $10 per month.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Your site will include metadata that search engines can use to index your website. Metadata will be optimized to fit within Google's search listing standards, including word count and keywords based on the content of the page.
- Once your site launches, we will submit your new site to Google for indexing or re-indexing.
- We will setup appropriate 301 Redirects for old addresses that are no longer in use on your site. This will help prevent a dramatic rank drop during a site re-design.
- We make no guarantees about increasing or maintaining search engine rankings.
- In-depth SEO is available as a separately billed service that includes market research and "long-tail keyword" implementation techniques to increase rankings, ad placements for traffic generation, and content strategy and writing for authority building.
- Website design
- If designs are not provided, we will provide a website design that is easy to use and focused on delivery your site's content and directing visitors to your "end goal", rather that be signing up for a paid service, purchasing a product, entering a marketing funnel, or filling out a contact form.
- Your website design will be optimized for common mobile phone, tablet, and laptop screen sizes.
- We will integrate the design of your website with your existing branding/logo. If you do not have or wish to keep your existing branding, Lithoco will provide a "text-based" logo for your site. This is solely for use on your website and is not a meant to be branding and logo project, so revisions will be limited.
- Optionally, you can purchase a branding package from us separately where we will explore logo options and provide you with web, print, and video ready logo files. As a part of the package, we will design business cards and other print materials, social media banners and avatars, and email signatures.
- All of our sites are built on the open-source platform, WordPress.
- We do not use pre-designed templates or themes to "churn-out" websites. Your site is custom to your needs. If you have a theme that you want to use for your website, we can emulate it using our own tools.
- We DO use an arsenal of premium plugins that take care of general tasks. These are time-tested to be high quality and reliable code bases that are actively maintained by other developers. We pay them a lot of money so you don't have to.
- If you are familiar with WordPress and wish to have a particular plugin added to your site, it must go through a vetting process for quality assurance. More often than not, we do not approve the use of plugins outside our approved batch. We usually have a premium plugin that will handle the functionality you're looking to add.
- Analytics, Ongoing Maintenance and Site Security
- We use Google Analytics to tack site performance and gather data about your users (how they're find you, what pages they're using, where they're geographically located, what kind of devices they use)
- Access to your site's analytics are available upon request
- We use Google Webmaster Tools to keep website changes current with Google's indexing and to monitor for security issues that Google finds.
- We keep plugins, themes, and other software current with vulnerability patches and security updates.
- For compatibility reasons, we do not run updates as soon as they are available. We monitor the status of updates released to the community, and once stability is confirmed, we proceed with updates.
- We will make an unlimited amount of changes to your site, upon request, up to a half hour each month. Adjustments/changes that take longer will be quoted as a one-time fee and wont be implemented without your approval.
- Unlimited email support included. Please allow up to 48 hours for a response. Priority support is available for additional charge upon request.
- Phone calls for emergency support are not billed extra. Examples of emergency support include:
- Website is down
- Payments not processing correctly
- Website has been hacked
- Emails not working
- All other phone calls free, up to 15 mins per call. Additional time is billed as Consulting Services at $50 per hour, billed in half-hour increments.
- For local customers, we may be available to meet in-person for a minimum charge of $50 per meeting.
- Video calls are billed the same as phone calls.
- For website training, we may opt to send a video recording instead of a meeting or call. This allows you to refer back to the training at your convenience. Remember that we are also available to take care of requests such as making blog posts, changing text/images/videos, adding products or events, ect...
- Payments Processing
- We use either Stripe or PayPal on your website to handle PCI compliance and payments processing.
- Their processing fees are 2.75% + $0.30 per transaction. These are subject to change so please check their websites.
- Lithoco collects no part of payments you accept online. That arrangement is entirely between you and your processor and the functionality we implement on your website is bound by their limitations.
- We will consider other processors upon request. In our experience, other processors are more expensive or do not allow you to accept credit card payments directly on your site without extensive and costly development.
- Social Media
- We will include social media links to your profiles/pages on your website if they are provided.
- Providing correct social media account web addresses for us to use on your website is your responsibility. We are not always able to track down the correct account.
- We will include "Share" links where appropriate on your website. This is usually on product, services, blog, or event pages.
- Your website will make use of "Open-Graph" data to display correctly when shared across social media platforms.
- Your package does not include social media page creation, designs, banners, or updates.
- We do offer separate social media services that include page/profile creation, design and banner creation, social marketing strategy, and/or ongoing posts to keep your profile active.
- Additional Third-party Services
- If possible, we're happy to help integrate your website with other third-party services you might use and can provide recommendations for certain services we're familiar with. Examples of those include but aren't limited to:
- Mailing list provider
- Marketing Funnels
- Chat bots/chat programs
- Marketing automation services
- Custom user tracking and analytics
Lithoco Account information (payments, missed payments, canceling your service)
- Once you sign up for an account, your pricing structure is locked in. If we change our pricing in the future, your account will be unaffected (unless forces outside of our control result in a change of pricing).
- If our prices go up, you will continue to have access to the grandfathered pricing structure.
- If our prices go down, we will let you know about the changes and give you the chance to opt-in to the new pricing.
- We automatically charge your card on or around the same day each month. Payments are made before service is rendered so this payment renews your website services for the next month.
- You will receive an email receipt for your first payment only. Payments thereafter are debited automatically.
- Receipts are available at the link provided in your first emailed receipt. We can also send you this link to access these upon request at any time. If you require receipts be delivered to your email inbox each month, please let us know and we'll make appropriate arrangements.
- We will attempt to inform you of upcoming Annual Payments by email only, if they are applicable to your account (12 months pre-paid plans, add-on domains, third-party services we pay for on your behalf) and we will attempt to charge your card automatically.
- We do accept checks in amounts greater than $400 but we do not accept checks for monthly payments under $400. Be advised that delayed check payments may result in service interruptions if we don't hear from you about a missing payment. We accept most credit cards, debit cards, and direct bank transfer at no additional cost to you. We encourage you to use these instead of paying by check.
- Missed Payments
- If we attempt to charge your card and the charge is declined for any reason, we'll let you know via email and provide a link to update your billing information.
- We'll send you alerts periodically for about 15 days.
- If a full month passes and we haven't received at least a partial annual payment or a full monthly payment, you'll be advised of pending service interruption.
- 45 days without payment will result in your services being suspended and your website will be turned off.
- You will have 60 days from the date of original missed payment to bring billing up to date (15 days after suspension). If your website has been suspended, there may be an additional charge to bring it back online.
- If no action is taken within 60 days of non-payment, your website will be archived and deleted. You will be able to purchase the data that we saved on your behalf for a minimum of $500 and we may opt to no longer provide services to you or your organization in the future.
- Cancelling your services
- You may cancel your services with us at any time. There is no contract term and thus, no penalties for canceling your account.
- Upon cancelation, your site will remain active for 15 days, or the remainder of your billing period, whichever is greater.
- During this time, you will be able to export the content of your website, that is, the intellectual property you own. That includes:
- Sales data
- Event Data
- Customer Information
- Similar data listed above
- The design, layout, theme, plugins, and functionality that make up the website will be turned off after this time period and you will no longer have access to it.
- Any designs, layouts, themes, plugins, functionality or licenses that you provide or purchase outright belong to you.
- Lithoco is not responsible for transferring your services or intellectual property out of your website before cancelation. You or a third party you hire, will be responsible for proper transfer. Lithoco is not responsible for improper, corrupt, or incompatible data
- If you like your website and just want to cancel the Lithoco services or transfer your site to another provider, you can purchase the site in full. Price is determined by fair market value minus any payments made to date. We calculate fair market value with the following formula:Your average annual payment times 1.5, plus half your annual payment for each year the site has been live, minus your total payments to date.
- Your website may use a number of plugins and frameworks to function properly and you will be responsible for purchasing and maintaining your own licenses outside of the purchase price for the site. The site will function without these licenses but may be considered "insecure" and we make no guarantees about how long the site will last before breaking or suffering security issues.
- If your domain name is not transferred from us during this time, you may also be required to purchase it from us for $15. If your domain name is not purchased or transferred from us, we will not automatically renew it when it expires and it will be released to the public for purchase.
- Help with hardships
- If you are thinking about cancelling or reducing your services due to hardships, please reach out to us. We want to give everyone an opportunity to have a website they can be proud of and we'll work with you to come up with a mutually beneficial arrangement.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website and our Services. By accessing or using any part of the site or services, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Lithoco, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old.
- Your lithoco.com Account and Services. If you purchase a package from Lithoco for a blog/site on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account information, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Lithoco may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Lithoco liability. You must immediately notify Lithoco of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. Lithoco will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Scope of Services Provided. Lithoco is responsible for providing you with the scope of services as detailed in their proposal submitted to you and signed by you or as outlined on the product webpage for the product you selected. Proposals will include any additional payment terms and timelines and will be incorporated by reference herein and override any conflicting provisions.You shall co-operate fully with Lithoco and provide all information requested by the Lithoco in a timely fashion. In the event you do not provide required information, as outlined in the Lithoco’s Proposal, in a timely fashion, than the project may be delayed until you provide such information. Project may be re-estimated if, upon receipt of all project elements, Lithoco determines the scope of the project has been altered such that project hours will exceed 15% of the originally agreed upon concept.Lithoco agrees to use their best efforts on your behalf; however, you acknowledge that Lithoco has given no assurances regarding the outcome of work being performed by Lithoco.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog's URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Lithoco or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Lithoco or uploading the Content for inclusion on your Website, you grant Lithoco a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Lithoco has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Lithoco's sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Lithoco's reasonable opinion, violates any Lithoco policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Lithoco's sole discretion. Lithoco will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Rights to third party materials. In addition to your Content, all third party materials used are the exclusive property of their respective owners. You are responsible for obtaining an appropriate license to use any third party materials necessary including website designs, photography, artwork, trademarks, fonts, code, and any other materials used. You are also responsible for supplying graphic files in an editable, vector digital format. Photographs must be in a high-resolution digital format. Lithoco can provide a separate estimate for searching and purchasing stock photographs or coordinating a photo shoot.
- Model release. You will be responsible for obtaining any necessary model image release forms from individuals (or in the case of minors under the age of 18, from their appropriate guardians) who will be photographed as part of the project.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay Lithoco the one-time and/or monthly or annual subscription fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications). Subscription payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for a service and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Payments are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify Lithoco before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a subscription, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time by submitting your request to Lithoco in via email at [email protected]
- Fees & Payment. By signing up for an account or additional services, you agree to pay Lithoco the applicable setup fees, project fees, and recurring fees. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your services are established and in advance of using such services. Fees for photography and design work are invoiced in advance of work beginning. Lithoco reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior notice to you.
- Support. If your service includes access to priority email support, "email support" means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by Lithoco to respond within two business days) concerning the use of your Services. "Priority" means that support takes priority over support for users of the standard lithoco.com services. All support will be provided in accordance with Lithoco standard services practices, procedures, and policies. “Phone support” means the ability to make requests for technical assistance by phone during normal business hours. If you are unable to reach us, we make reasonable efforts to respond within two business days. In the event that phone support calls run longer than 15 minutes, or if the subject matter of the support call is not support for pre-existing work, then the time will be billed on your account at the standard applicable hourly rate.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Lithoco has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Lithoco does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Lithoco disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which lithoco.com links, and that link to lithoco.com. Lithoco does not have any control over those non-Lithoco websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Lithoco website or webpage, Lithoco does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Lithoco disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Lithoco websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Lithoco asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by lithoco.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Lithoco in accordance with Lithoco's Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Policy by contacting us at [email protected] Lithoco will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Lithoco will terminate a user’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Lithoco or others. In the case of such termination, Lithoco will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Lithoco.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Lithoco to you any Lithoco or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Lithoco. Lithoco, lithoco.com, the lithoco.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with lithoco.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lithoco or Lithoco's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Lithoco or third-party trademarks. Work performed on your behalf by Lithoco, including but not limited to, the final version of code, photography, graphic design, logos, brochures, and any other work created by Lithoco is a work made for hire. Lithoco will assign all right, title, and interest, including all copyright and any other intellectual property rights in the work created for you upon receipt of payment for work performed. Work in this category will be assigned to you only once entire payment for the work is received.
- Attribution. Lithoco reserves the right to display attribution links such as Website provided by lithoco.com,' theme author, and font attribution in your website footer or toolbar.
- Partner Products. By activating a partner product (e.g. theme) from one of our partners, you agree to that partner's terms of service. You can opt out of their terms of service at any time by de-activating the partner product.
- Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN"), including their Registration Rights and Responsibilities.
- Changes. Lithoco reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. If you have provided a current email address, Lithoco will provide you with a notice of any changes to this Agreement. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Lithoco may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Lithoco may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Website and services.Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid services account, such account can only be terminated by Lithoco if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from Lithoco's notice to you of the breach. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS." LITHOCO AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER LITHOCO NOR ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS, MAKES ANY WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE OR THAT ACCESS THERETO WILL BE CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN CONTENT OR SERVICES THROUGH, THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL LITHOCO, OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS, BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR: (I) ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT FOR SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (III) FOR INTERRUPTION OF USE OR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR (IV) FOR ANY AMOUNTS THAT EXCEED THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO LITHOCO UNDER THIS AGREEMENT DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE CAUSE OF ACTION. LITHOCO SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY DUE TO MATTERS BEYOND THEIR REASONABLE CONTROL. THE FOREGOING SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lithoco, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Lithoco and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by the posting by Lithoco of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of South Carolina, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions.If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Lithoco may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Lithoco, LLC ("Lithoco") operates lithoco.com and may operate other websites. It is Lithoco's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Lithoco collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Lithoco's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Lithoco's visitors use its website. From time to time, Lithoco may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Lithoco also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on lithoco.com blogs/sites. Lithoco only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Lithoco's websites choose to interact with Lithoco in ways that require Lithoco to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Lithoco gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at lithoco.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Lithoco are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Lithoco collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Lithoco. Lithoco does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Lithoco discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Lithoco's behalf or to provide services available at Lithoco's websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Lithoco's websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Lithoco will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, Lithoco discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request, or when Lithoco believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Lithoco, third parties, or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Lithoco website and have supplied your email address, Lithoco may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Lithoco and our products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Lithoco takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Lithoco, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Lithoco goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Lithoco may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy. In the event of such a transfer, we will provide users notice by sending information to the email address a user has on file.